According to a recent article in the Brisbane Times, one silver lining of COVID-19 for local growers is that at last they can compete with cheap imports. If you’d like to read the piece in full, simply click on the first link below. What are you thoughts on the potential opportunities for local growers?
Scroll down further more floristry news, plus you’ll find my curated collection of floral inspiration from around the globe, together with what I’ve been up to this week…and it’s been full-on!
- The Pandemic’s Blooming Opportunity for Flower Farmers
- Spotlight on David Austin Wedding Roses – Leonora Rose
- Garden Museum Houseplant Festival Returns for 2020 With a Three Day Event
- Freddie’s Flowers Delivery Firm Blooms During Lockdown
- Ethereal Rooftop Autumn Elopement Inspiration With Flowers by Kenia Z Florals
- True, Blue Southern Charm With Just a Little French Inspiration & Flowers by Janna Brown Design Co
- COVID Wedding With Flowers by Lily Roden Floral Studio
- Romantic Blooms by Sweet Memories at This Californian Vineyard Wedding
- Amanda Luu & Ivanka Matsuba, Founders of Studio Mondine & Authors of Ikebana Unbound
- Dried Flowers Enjoy a Revival, Thanks to Instagram
- Celebrating Halloween & Thanksgiving With Neill Strain
- 8 Low Light Houseplants to Bring Life Into Your Home During the Darker Months
Instagram for Florists Online Course
Tomorrow at 9am, I’m re-opening registration to my Instagram for Florists online course! I’m so looking forward to running the course for the third time this year. If you’re looking to uplevel your Instagram and grow your account, make sure to secure your place next week. The six week course itself will run from Monday, 19th October.
During this week, I’ve been sharing the following amazing Success Stories from past students:
- Emma Spowage | Passionflowers
- Rachel Goodwin | The Petal Girl
- Nicola Bird | The Floral Project
- Jen Bates | In Bloom
- Jenny Bell Harman from Studio Seapink
Click here to sign up to the Waiting List and you’ll be one of the first to know when registration re-opens!
Online Workshop with The Floral Project
I was delighted this week to take part in a free online workshop with Nicola Bird from The Floral Project – How To Share Your Flowers on Instagram. Over 300 people signed up for the session which took place on Wednesday evening! It was so lovely to chat with Nicola and share Instagram hints and tips with the audience.
Under The Floral Spell
You may have seen that I’ve relaunched one of my Instagram account’s UnderTheFloralSpell, which you’ll find as a treasure trove of stunning floral inspiration. I was blown away by the incredible response to this particular beautiful design by Blue Jasmine Floral, which received over 5,000 likes. If you’d like to be in with a chance of being featured, simply add the hashtag #underthefloralspell to your floral designs.
So, I hope you’ve enjoyed this week’s Floristry Industry Insight and have a wonderfully relaxing Sunday!
(Image: Rona Wheeldon | Flowerona)