I was recently contacted by florist Sharon Pointen of Flower30, who sent me images of a stunning floral cape which she had created. And I thought you may like to see the photos too!
To create the design Sharon used Deutzia, ‘Cream Eye’ Gerberas, ‘Miss Piggy’ roses, Hydrangea, Viburnum tinus, Viburnum opulus, Senecio, Euonymus and trailing ivy.
She said: ” A floral cape has been something I had wanted to create for a while. So, last year I decided that it would be fun to put together a photo shoot with some friends.
We wanted the look to be elegant and a little quirky, using a great mixture of textures.
I used chunky gold cord as a base, then bound each section to it, building up the design.
It was amazing the gasp that our assembled crew made as I showed them and dressed our model Lydia in the cape, as they hadn’t known what I had been making while they were sorting hair and make up.’
Here are the details of the other people involved in the shoot:
- Hair and Makeup: Kirsty Jones-Hanford & Georgina Susanne Revell of Amanda Steed Makeup
- Dress: Sophie Colins of Sophie & Smith
- Jewellery: Melissa Morgan of Melissa Morgan Designs
- Cake: Sassa’s Cakes
- Location: The Great Barn at Godwick Hall
- Photography: Amy Lewin at Amy Lewin Photography
(Images : Amy Lewin)