The rise of green floristry is growing in momentum. And this Sunday’s post is headed up with an article all about creating beautiful flower arrangements in a more sustainable way.
You may have seen me mention in one of last month’s Floristry Industry Insights that Sarah Diligent, who’s pictured above, has a KickStarter in progress. Well, I’m delighted to announce that her new book, A Guide to Sustainable Floral Mechanics, will be published next year as the pledge target has been reached and exceeded. Many congratulations Sarah!
Also this week, you’ll find out about two new floristry-related TV programmes for 2020, which I’m sure you’ll find of interest, together with other general news and breath-taking wedding flowers inspiration. Enjoy!
- The Rise of Green Floristry: How to Create Stunning Floral Displays in a More Sustainable Way
- HBO Max Orders New Floral Arrangement Competition Programme ‘Full Bloom’
- ‘The Big Flower Fight’: Netflix Plants Seeds for Major Unscripted Competition Format
- Enlightening BBC World News programme about the Cut Flower Industry with Simon Lycett
- Romantic English Gardens & a Countryside Castle with Flowers by Moss & Stone
- Wedding Flowers by Vo Floral Design at One of San Francisco’s Iconic Museums
- How to Match Your Bouquet to Your Wedding Dress with Flowers by Wild Pollen
- Florals by Bouquet at This Omaha Wedding
- Dusty Blue Seaside Inspiration Shoot with Flowers by Rosehill Blooms
- Things That Inevitably Happen to You When You Work at Bramble & Wild
How to Start on Instagram as a Florist is the focus of this week’s video with lots of hints and tips on how to grow your Instagram account.
New Covent Garden Flower Market
Thursday morning saw me at the flower market to take photos for my November report for the market website. If you’d like to see behind the scenes of my visit, simply head over to my Instagram account.
Flowerona Monthly Newsletter
This week, I’ve also been compiling the November edition of the Flowerona Newsletter, with lots of Instagram hints and tips. It’ll be hitting email inboxes next Wednesday. So if you’d like to receive a copy direct to your inbox, make sure to sign up beforehand. And by signing up, you’ll receive a copy of my free 9-Step Instagram Profile Checklist!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this Sunday’s bumper post and get chance to chill today…
P.S. Just in case you missed it, here’s a link to a blog post earlier in the week about Shane Connolly’s new online course, The Art of Environmental Floristry.
(Image: Taylor & Porter)
Leave a Reply