So…how did the Flowerona Rebrand come about? Well, I’ve known for a little while that if I wanted to take Flowerona to the next level, I really needed to invest in a new logo and internet presence. What had started as a hobby was now a full-time job and to be taken seriously, a complete revamp was required.
But I really didn’t have a clue where to start…and that’s where my very good friend, Fiona Humberstone, came to the rescue. Fiona put together a list of designers whose portfolios she felt were the right fit for me. One designer’s work really shone out…Salted Ink. Based in the States and run by Sara Marshall Dart, I swooned over the logos and websites in her portfolio. In June, Sara and I had our first Skype call to kick off the project, which was in two parts : Logo & Brand Design and WordPress Custom Website Design.
Logo & Brand Design
Completing an online questionnaire and putting together a Pinterest board were amongst the first steps. Then Sara created a Brand Inspiration Board, which you can see below.
I knew that I wanted a handwritten logo, which was stylish, elegant and inspirational. Sara designed four different options and the one which I fell in love with was the custom calligraphy hand drawn logo, which you now seeing gracing Flowerona.
WordPress Custom Website Design
The next step was the website. I’d initially had it in my head that I was just going to revamp my blog. Little did I know!
With Sara’s marketing and business background plus her vast design experience, she explained to me how we could not only revitalise my blog, but also enhance my online presence and build a site which reflected me and my personality. Fiona very kindly drew up a draft wireframe, which is like a framework of a website, to help me visualise my new site. It’s so easy when you’re immersed in a business not to see the wood for the trees. And I can’t thank Sara and Fiona enough for all their awe-inspiring creativity and for opening my eyes to what was really is possible.
So, with my draft wireframe in hand…did you really think that I would switch off completely when I was on holiday in Sardinia in September?! No…of course not! I was planning the new site and writing the copy, whilst chilling on a sun lounger on a beach. It was the perfect opportunity to think clearly about the structure and content of Flowerona, without any distractions.
Refreshed from my holiday, Sara and I caught up on Skype and then my site started to be built by the amazing Lurie, who is the lead in her team of developers. I absolutely adore my new logo, branding and website. From the stunning colour palette and beautiful fonts to the gorgeous look and feel of the site…Sara has been absolutely incredible! And Lurie…well, I’ve never met a more helpful, thoughtful and conscientious developer! He’s such an expert in web design and creates sites which are so user-friendly. I won’t go into detail, but let’s just say that updating Flowerona is now a lot easier!
Both Sara and Lurie have been so incredibly supportive and worked so hard on the Flowerona Rebrand. A HUGE thanks to them both! Transforming Flowerona didn’t happen overnight, It took a lot of time, thought, decision-making and energy. And having an incredible team working with you is so crucial. I feel very privileged to have worked with them both. I’m sure you’ll agree…they’ve really come up trumps!
Thank you so much for all your lovely messages about the new Flowerona so far today! I’m really thrilled to hear that you love the design as much as I do! Here are just a few of your comments:
- Congratulations x 4. Your new website is beautiful really accessible and packed full of information. Easy to scroll through without returning ‘home’ or pressing drop-down options all the time.
- Amazing website! Very easy to use especially on my iPad. Congrats!
- Just looking round your new website – it’s gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous !!!!!
- Beautiful website…the colours are gorgeous!
- Hooray and Happy Birthday Flowerona! The new site looks gorgeous and so very you. I love it.
- Love the look and feel of your new site.
- Congratulations! It is absolutely beautiful, very clean and so much fab content! Love the new logo.
- Happy birthday and oh my gosh – gorgeousness!! X
- It’s stunning and I love the colours as well. Very beautiful.
- Happy Birthday Rona and BEAUTIFUL rebrand. Congratulations.
- Congratulations on your 4th Birthday! Your new site looks amazing and very easy to use.
- Wow what a difference! Really beautifully laid out, gorgeous design. Looks wonderful! Congratulations!
(Image: Salted Ink)