Valentine’s Day Flowers kick off this week’s Floristry Industry Insight with a look at sustainable florists in London, together with a round-up of some beautiful flower shops. There’s also a link to a very interesting article by Claire at Honeysuckle & Hilda about Instagram, which I’m sure you’ll enjoy reading.
So settle down and immerse yourself in this week’s overview of happenings in the world of flowers…
- Florals by Designs by Ahn at This Industrial Loft Turned Feminine for a Valentine’s Day Wedding
- A Stunning Sunrise Bridal Shoot in Florence With Flowers by Designs by Hemingway
- NYC Meets Wine Country in This Al Fresco Fall Wedding With Flowers by Revel Floral
- Romantic Editorial With Wedding Flowers by Urban Petals
- 15 Stunning Spring Wedding Bouquets for Every Bridal Style
- Instagram – Friend or Foe? Algorithm or Attitude? via Honeysuckle & Hilda
- A Florist’s Guide to the Language of Flowers
- Interview With Florist Katie Smyth From Worm
- Houseplant Symbolism: 9 Beautifully Symbolic Indoor Plants & Their Meanings
My fifth video in my new series of 26 videos featuring Instagram Hints and Tips for Florists on my YouTube channel went live. And this week, it’s the turn of ‘E for Engagement‘. We look at what engagement is, why it’s important, how Instagram measure engagement and different ways to increase your engagement.
Out & About
Monday saw me up early to go to New Covent Garden Flower Market to take photos for my latest report about the Language of Flowers, which is featured above in this blog post.
Then on Tuesday morning, I travelled back into London for a Valentine’s Breakfast with McQueens Flowers at their pop-up shop at Claridge’s. You can see a short IGTV video which I created of my visit by clicking here.
The rest of the week was spent at home, working away in my office. And I’m so glad that I was in on Friday morning, as I was very kindly hand-delivered an incredibly beautiful Valentine’s Day bouquet by The Real Flower Company, which you may have seen on my Instagram Stories…
If you’ve been involved in Valentine’s Day flowers this year, I hope it was a hugely successful week for you! And that you get a much-needed rest today…
P.S. Just in case you missed it, here’s a link to last week’s Floristry Industry Insight.